The Malayan Tigers recorded a narrow victory over Thailand

KUALA LUMPUR: Harimau Malaya brought only one goal to the Thammasat Stadium, after recording a narrow 1-0 victory over Thailand in the first semi-final at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium near here, a while ago.

The national team’s lone goal was scored by star winger Faisal Abdul Halim who celebrated his 24th birthday today.

The player who will join Selangor in the new Super League season later, received a good pass from the left back, V. Ruventhiran before he pushed the ball easily into the Thai goal as early as the 11th minute.

The defeat saw Thailand’s curse in Bukit Jalil still unsolved since the last time the Gajah Penang squad won 3-2 on November 26, 2014 in the AFF Cup.

Thailand, shocked by the goal, launched a series of attacks towards the home goal, however, the goalkeeper, Ahmad Syihan Hazmi acted brilliantly to save the dangerous attempt.

One of the best opportunities for the Gajah Perang squad came in the 23rd minute when midfielder Bordin Phala completed a shot at the Malaysian goal, however, his attempt went wide.

As soon as the game resumed in the second half, Malaysia’s goal was almost conceded, but fortunately the header of Thailand’s star striker, Teerasil Dangda who received Suphanan Bureerat’s pass in the 46th minute just hit the crossbar.

Thailand’s goal was scored again in the 54th minute thanks to Darren Lok’s header, however, unfortunately the goal was not counted by the referee from South Korea, Kim Dae Yong.

The Harimau Malaya striker is said to have fouled Thai defender Pansa Hemviboon during a scramble for the ball in the air. Following the disallowed goal, Harimau Malaya supporters did not stop mocking the visiting team.

This is the second time a controversial incident involving Kim Pan Gon’s men involved the referee’s decision after the match against Vietnam, last December.

The South Korean manager then made three changes when he brought in Muhammad Haqimi Azim Rosli, Nur Shamie Iszuan Amin and Sergio Aguero.

The players released are the captain, Safawi Rasid, Quentin Cheng and Darren. The result of the match remained 1-0 until the final whistle was blown by the referee. – ONLINE MESSENGER

Source link

Denial of responsibility! is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Marvel releases the “Secret Invasion” trailer Couple believes they had won $360 in lottery, but it was actually $360,000 Inside Out 2 to be released by Disney Upcoming Star Wars movies and TV shows There will never be a recession in this business