KUANTAN: The issue involving about 30 houses that suffered serious structural cracks in a housing estate in Tanjung Lumpur here will be systematically resolved for the sake of justice for the buyers.
Chairman of the State Local Government, Housing, Environment and Green Technology Committee, Datuk Seri Johari Harun said, it will involve the Kuantan City Council (MBK), buyers, housing developers including architects and professional engineers involved in the housing project.
He explained that the parties involved will conduct a census to identify how many houses are involved and the damage that has occurred.
“This census will be done for a week starting this Monday, it is hoped that all buyers can participate and be at their respective homes when it is done.
“After the census process is completed, a decision will be made to resolve the issue. In addition, I will also hold a discussion with the developer of the sewerage project next to this housing which is alleged to be the cause of this issue,” he told reporters after inspecting and holding a meeting with buyers at the housing estate in Tanjung Lumpur here today.
On 6 November last year, former Member of Parliament for Kuantan, Fuziah Salleh revealed the grievances of the residents in the housing estate who were disappointed that the house they bought suffered serious structural damage to the point that it could not be occupied.
Commenting further, Johari questioned how the housing project involved could get the approval of the certificate of completion and compliance (CCC) in April last year.
“Serious damage to the built structure is an issue and the CCC is approved and this is a big issue. I understand that the CCC was approved while before that the residents claimed that there were already cracks.
“From a small crack, it eventually became a big one and I wanted to know why that could happen. Therefore, I want to meet with the architect involved regarding this CCC approval,” he said.
He meanwhile said that the housing developer gave a commitment to repair the damage to the houses involved, but after the sewerage project there was stopped.
“I will help resolve this issue as best as possible for the welfare and rights of the protected buyer and give attention in a scheduled manner until it can be resolved,” he said. – MESSENGER
Denial of responsibility! newzcentre.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.