GEORGE TOWN: Penang is ready to implement the protocols set by the Central Government and the Ministry of Health (MOH) regarding the entry of tourists from China to the state.
Chief Minister, Chow Kon Yeow said, so far there are no direct flights from China to Penang since they have been stopped since the Covid-19 pandemic hit.
“Everything is subject to orders from the Central Government and the Ministry of Health, if there is any protocol that needs to be followed we will comply,” he told reporters here today.
Earlier, Kon Yeow attended the video launch of the Penang Medical Tourism Center (P. MED) and the signing of the Medical Tourism Protocol collaboration with PT Citilink Indonesia.
Previously, it was reported that China will reopen its borders on January 8 after being closed for almost three years due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following that, the Ministry of Health carried out a test of aircraft sewage from China to strengthen surveillance at international ports of entry (PMA) in curbing the spread of the epidemic.
In the same development, Kon Yeow said, the latest situation of Covid-19 infection in Penang is currently in a downward trend.
“The daily reports we have received in the past few weeks show that the average daily case in Penang is around 40 to 50 cases,” he said. – MESSENGER
Denial of responsibility! newzcentre.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.